

My "Check Engine" light has come on intermittantly over the past year or so in my 1995 Infiniti G20. I'll never forget the day in early 1996 when my parents took me to a car dealership in SLC, under the guise that they were going to line me up with some guy. When we pulled into the dealership, Bob said, "How would you like a new Infiniti?" A new car is way better than a date with a random guy!!! I was speechless and I have been driving my Infiniti ever since.
On Friday Brant, from Palmer's Garage, called to tell us our Infiniti's fate. It is in need of a new transmission, a new Exahust system, all the fluids are leaking, and it wouldn't be worth making the investment, he said. It has 142,000 + miles on it. It's been across the country twice (both ways). It is completely paid off (thanks to my parents. In fact, they used to pay for my gas too! Oh to be young again.....). Brian said to pay close attention so we don't fill it up with gas just before it dies! ;)
Good bye little car! Buying a new car for the residents at the Edmund Inn will be Brian & my 1st BIG joint purchase. We'll be in debt together too ---- how romantic.
1 comment:
Bye bye little Inifiniti (*sniff*sniff*). (P.S. I saw a little green Mazda JUST like mine a couple of weeks ago - in Reading - paint coming off and everything. I had a little "moment". My kids asked me if I missed the car and I said No but I have some fond memories with it...)
Post a Comment