Sunday, June 1, 2008

What's so great about the WEST?

He He He..... I grew up in the Wild West (UT). My family currently lives in UT, NV, and ID. But I have lived in MA for almost 12 years now and I am tired of so many great people leaving me here. Some people say that I am "stuck here" like a piece of gum on someone's shoe. I certainly don't feel "stuck," although I do plan to stay put in New England. I don't want to leave. I just want cool people to STAY here too! I understand that the mountains are beautiful (and a better compass heading than Dunkin' Donuts), but I still want to cry when I hear that someone else that I like is leaving for the Rockies. The opportunity to be close to family is very compelling. I would love that too. Luckily my siblings and my parents all love the East and have many good reasons to come visit us. Cheap flights would help, however.

In my musings about people heading West, I've figured it out...... Maybe people just want to feel uninhibited to wear cowboy boots. You sure don't see many people sporting their Laredos here. (I remember a little guy -- Joseph C. -- who used to wear cowboy boots to nursery every week at church. It was absolutely adorable. He was from ID. & brought a little of the West with him.)

Megan, modeling Conor's cowboy boots

5 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

I'm here with you babe... and I feel the same way about people STAYING here...

ellen said...

Ditto!!! I don't get how people can leave this amazing part of the country. I'm not going anywhere!

Ann-Marie said...

....but, but what about those of us who wanted to stay???....

ellen said...

You get half credit, AM!

Sweeney Household said...

AM, You KNOW I love you still! It's Tony I'm mad at.... he he he.