Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sick AGAIN



I've been sick a lot the past few years. (I suppose I like sympathy because I find sickness blog-worthy material.) Saturday night I was feeling achy and had a sore throat. It was reminiscent of the pneumonia symptoms so I figured I had better find out. Thankfully it's only viral. Tylenol and Motrin are my friends at the moment.

I also really like to drink herbal tea when I have a sore throat. I'm sure this herbal tea wasn't helping much. Last night I discovered the "use by" date and got a good laugh!


This morning Brian went and got me some updated herbal tea (best when used by 2011). :)

PS. The doctor called a few hours ago to let me know that my strep test came back positive, even though the initial test yesterday was negative. Bacterial, not viral so Penicillin to the rescue!

7 comments:

McCombs Family said...

We once found some pickles in Brians Grandmas basement, that were older than me. So funny! Hope you are feeling better soon. You just need some sunshine and a nice dose of summer!

Traci said...

Get Better soon! You are better than I am, I don't even check the expiration date! I hate having strep, it just stinks all around. I am glad that you got to tend Brad's little one. I forgot that they would be so close to you. Crazy how life works itself out. Thanks for all your comments, I always love hearing from you...now off to bed cuz~!

ellen said...

expired items must run in the family...

Unknown said...

I had strep the week of our move. It was awful. I hope you are feeling better!

J S and S said...

Your tea is older than Sikoti! Love you guys! Hope you are feeling better soon! -JS&S

Jody said...

Strep for an adult is certainly no fun. I am sorry Jeni!! Sara is sick a lot too. What is up with that connection? We don't do the herbal teas since I always thought they were in the classification of "hot drinks". I have heard though that the temple in Sweden serves Herbal tea. What are your thoughts? I can't figure it out...=) Everyone has their own idea on it. Love you!!

Sweeney Household said...

Jody, as I was pouring my HOT water into my mug the other day the whole "hot drinks are not for the body or belly" phrase came into my mind. Hot chocolate too? Herbal tea is just herbs - "And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man -- Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving (D&C 89:10-11)"
I don't know. :)