While watching Oprah Winfrey's "Favorite Things" shows (there were 2 episodes this year), I felt cynical and a bit disgusted. Mostly I felt really jealous of all the folks who were lucky enough to be on the show that day! Oprah could feed several starving nations with all the money spent on her favorite things. But, she has millions of dollars and she doesn't have to consult with me before spending it. I like her and I have enjoyed watching many, many of her shows.
What would my list of Favorite Things be?
1. Hand-me-downs
2. A book that keeps my interest and I don't want to put it down
3. Insights from the scriptures that I'm not expecting
4. Rocking a baby to sleep and feeling its warm head against my cheek
5. Watching a butterfly emerge from its chrysalis with a bunch of fascinated 2nd graders
6. Hearing a child begin to read for the first time
7. My gym membership, especially on a snowy or rainy day
8. Looking at scrapbooks
9. Sitting peacefully in the temple and feeling close to heaven
10. Water skiing at Lake Powell on glassy water
11. Finding an awesome bargain on something nice
12. Using coupons
13. Seeing Brian in his uniform
14. Having a DVR so that I can fast forward commercials
15. Walking through crunchy leaves
16. Meeting someone who knew my dad
17. Our piano
18. Hilarious comments our children have made over the years
19. My remote starter on my car
20. Hearing my mom's voice on the phone and knowing she will have good advice
21. Group hugs, which include Brian, Conor, Megan and me
21. Group hugs, which include Brian, Conor, Megan and me

5 comments:
Great list! Better than Oprah's favorite things for sure. : )
I think you are way more awesome than Oprah so there! I like your list. :)
I love your list. I would have to add shopping with a gift card to the list. Don't you love spending money that you dont have to feel guilty for or didnt earn?!! Ha. I also have decided that I want to make a thanksgiving calendar. I love love love that whole idea.
I miss you soo much sis.
Yeah! I have been waiting for a new post :) Love you guys! I wish we could drive to your house! Someday we will be rich (almost like Oprah) and fly there :)
-JS&S
How did I miss reading this one? I {heart} your list. The ones that I can relate to and touched me most are #'s 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, & 20. You are GREAT Jeni =)
Post a Comment