Saturday, July 23, 2011

227th Place

Out of 274 people, I came in 227th in the Highland Games 5 mile Race in Antigonish, NS.  I'm not sure I ought to be too proud to represent the U.S.A. by coming in 227th!  (I should have brought Emily Raymond in my suitcase!)  They listed me as a native of Antigonish, even though I signed up as a proud U.S. citizen from Arlington, MA.  Oh well.


Proudly, however, I ran 5 miles in 49 minutes and 14 seconds.  That is great for me!  I am quite sure that I beat my time from 9 years ago when I ran the same race with Brian on our honeymoon.  I was thrilled about that.  Anything under a 10 minute mile is impressive for little 'ol me.  So, ironically, though I came in among the last 50 people, I had my personal best for 5 miles.





The kids joined me for the finish.  It was so cute!

3 comments:

McCombs Family said...

You go sister! I would've never guessed your ____th birthday is right around the corner. That time is great. I wouldve been dead last.
Love from Reno.

J S and S said...

Way to go Jen! The pic of the kids running to the finish is so cute! P.S. How do you put the photo comments on your pics?
-JS&S

Sweeney Household said...

I really like using Picasa to edit photos. Picasa has a standard "add text" option. There is a button to also edit in Picnic (from Picasa). Picnic has some clever things you can add, including text, stickers, shapes, etc. Picasa also has the option to create collages that I like.

I am also using iPhoto, which I like, but haven't figured out entirely. So far, I can't add text to photos in it, or make collages, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.....