At my bridal shower my friends asked me questions about Brian: how we met, things we liked to do together, some of his favorite things, and some of our hopes for the future. They had made a video tape of Brain answering the same questions about me and about our relationship. Similar to the Newlywed Game, we were "tested" to see if we really knew one another, and whether or not we were compatible. It was an indicator that our marriage would be successful if we were able to answer the questions the way our spouse did. My friends asked Brian and me one question that particularly stands out. After ten years of marriage, the response to that question has made all the difference.
"What is the quality you most admire about Brian?"
Jenifer: "The thing I admire most about Brian is that he is kind."
"What is the quality you most admire about Jenifer?"
Brian: "I'd have to say that it is her kindness."
Could marriage really be that simple? Actually, yes. Kindness makes a good foundation for a loving marriage and it's absolutely necessary if you have children!
Happy 10th Anniversary, Brian!
Check out this blog post (including video) to see what a kind person I married......
http://ourbravelittlelion.blogspot.com/2012/06/firetruck.html
![]() |
| Robert, Brian's Best Man; George, Brian's dad; Brian, the Groom! |
![]() |
| Jami, my Maid of Honor; Nicole, Flower Girl; Me, the Bride! |



4 comments:
You two look great! and you two are the NICEST :) Happy Anniversary!
According to the web... 10 years:
Traditional: tin/aluminum
Flower: daffodil Yea!! One of your favorite flowers :) The trumpet-shape represents joy, cheerfulness and happiness. Awwweee, that is you two :)
Modern: Diamond jewelry
I'd go with the modern and the flowers!
Love you, JS&S
Happy Anniversary! We miss you guys!
Perfect --- tin/aluminum. I can make a nice dinner using aluminum foil and we'll be set! Diamond jewelry sounds nice though.
HA!
I can't believe I missed your 10th anniversary! Sorry, it's a little late, but HOPE YOU HAD AN AWESOME ONE =)
I love the "KINDNESS" thought. You are soooo right - our world, families and marriages would all be much better with that one thing.
One day if you find a pic of me at your wedding, post it. I know I was there...=)
Post a Comment