Saturday, August 25, 2012

P E I Part II

We spent the 2nd half of our week in PEI in Cavendish, along the Green Gables Shore.  We drove down to Charlottetown twice while there.

Breathtaking.

Ten years ago Brian and I visited this same lighthouse as newlyweds.... Ahhhh.....
The East Point Lighthouse looks out over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.  We saw seals in the water too.
Ahoy Matey's.
Dalvay by the Sea - an amazingly beautiful hotel where the Royal Couple spent part of their honeymoon. 
We joined Kate and Will for a tour of the hotel grounds.

Cavendish Beach ~ by far the busiest beach we visited (though by looking at this picture you wouldn't know it).
 Mr. Conor
Little Miss

Cooling off.

Shuffle board at our hotel  
Megan was proud to be wearing the same shirt that was in the window of this store (we bought it here 2 years ago).
Cow's is a tasty (over-priced) ice cream place
Pier in Charlottetown 


Conor's very first roller coaster ride!  He was scared to death, but had a BLAST.

Megan wasn't tall enough for the roller coaster which was super disappointing.  But, as you can see, she was revved up for the ferris wheel (and her brother was quite fearful.)

Megan got tired of the beach and wanted to swing
Confederation Bridge from PEI over to New Brunswick 

5 comments:

ellen said...

I need to go to PEI! I love the ferris wheel photo. :)

Unknown said...

I love your vacation photos! I have always wanted to visit that part of the world. Its on my bucket list. : )

Jody said...

I wish wish wish we lived back East because all of this reminds me of when I was young and our adventurous dad (like Brian) would plan and take us everywhere too! I love your shirt in the "Kate & Will" pic - Kate would be proud of your style Jeni! Plus, the kids are growing up so fast and they look like they are best buddies!! xoxoxoxoxo

Jody said...

Oh and P.S., someone needs to take the camera from Mom and get more pics of her so we can tell she was really there!!

Jody said...

Oh and P.S., someone needs to take the camera from Mom and get more pics of her so we can tell she was really there!!