No Turkey Trot for me today. Some gals from church were running one this morning, but when I finally got organized, online registration was over. And, more importantly, the t-shirts were no longer available! I will not pay $35. (day of race registration fee) and NOT get a t-shirt! Nope.So, I ran my own TREADMILL TROT. My time was 27:15. I watched the Today Show the entire time and watched people at the gym lift weights.
I have a lot to be thankful for.
- I am thankful that I have wise parents, whose advice is always sound and thoughtful, but never overbearing. While they are still alive and well I intend to get all the advice from them that I can.
- I am thankful for my good health and recognize that I am very fortunate.
- I am thankful for Conor and Megan, who both got amazing marks on their report cards yesterday. Brian and I are so proud of them.
- Megan is thankful that I am a "Permissive Parent" and that I prepared chicken nuggets for her Thanksgiving Feast.
- I am thankful for Brian and the fact that we work well together. Since I have been subbing 2-3 days a week, Brian has taken charge of a lot of drop-offs, pick-ups and getting the kids where they need to be. Let's just say that the kids like him better than they like me.
- I am thankful for our country, our freedom to worship God, and for the restored gospel that is on the earth today. I am also blessed with many great friends who have always been supportive and kind to me.
1 comment:
You two are adorable :) Conor, I'm glad you tried the sweet potatoes! They are my favorite. Megan, You should try the turkey! It tastes just like chicken.
Post a Comment