
The itsy bitsy spider crawled across the bed
Squish! went mommy & killed him dead
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This morning I found a spider on my bedspread & screamed in fright. I called Conor to come help me. Conor hopped out of the tub to get a good look at it. I squished the 8-legged creature with a baby wipe, then dropped it into the toilet & flushed it down. Conor upsettingly told me that now it was going down to the ocean. I explained, "It will go to spider heaven," to which he replied, "There is NO spider Heavenly Father!" "He (Heavenly Father) will be scared of his legs." I tried to explain that Heavenly Father isn't afraid of anything, but Conor persisted. "He (the spider) will be DEAD. He will miss his spider family & spider mom & dad." This was a five minute argument and I started describing how Jesus was resurrected (making a complicated comparison doesn't work with 3-year-olds) & ended up changing the subject to a birthday party we were headed to. Sorry little spider!
2 comments:
It was perfect timing for the Easter message!
I love 3-year old logic!
Post a Comment