Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Another Great Conference


Conor said today through frustrating tears, "It is getting darker and darker and the day is shorter and shorter." Welcome to FALL! He is right. Now we can put you to bed at 7, dear Conor, and you will think it is 8. There is method to all of this. Part of the excitement of Fall (other than putting kids to bed earlier) includes listening to General Conference. This conference I particularly needed the message given by Sister Beck, General Relief Society President. Let me quote: (Thanks to Verizon FiOS TV, I re-wound it over & over to get this quote right. I didn't want to wait until Thurs. to get the text!!)

These wise mothers who know are selective about their own activities and
involvement to conserve their limited strength in order to maximize their
influence where it matters most!

Mothers who know do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally.

I really appreciated this message.

I'm thrilled that Elder Eyring is in the 1st Presidency and it was great to have Conor participate more in Conference this time. A friend made a fun Bingo-type game with Church icons on it and Conor got all excited as he saw the prophet, the conference center, heard music, and recognized pictures of the temple. Megan, on the other hand, kept handing me the remote, saying, "Show." She wanted me to change the channel!


4 comments:

ellen said...

Can I borrow Conor's BINGO game in April?!?

CMHill said...

That was a talk I really liked, as well.

rebecca said...

So glad to find your blog! Wayne and I got a kick out of Brian's featuring the Pat's ring. We're following the post season faithfully. Wayne had a proud moment tonight when the Pat's scored and Caroline was cheering, "Touchdown! Touchdown!"
About conference, I loved the talk you quoted as well. It's one really kept my attention. I don't think Ellen got much out of the Conf. session she attended at our house. We could use the Bingo game too")

Ann-Marie said...

Thank you for posting Sis. Beck's quote. She is an amazing lady. Glad to hear that the BINGO game was such a hit!