Sunday, January 27, 2008

My husband, the Firefighter


This is Brian. This is my very favorite picture of him. He is so handsome! A man in uniform.....
I just finished filling in his work schedule for the year and I am more than excited!
Brian does NOT work on Thanksgiving Day! Yea! Our dear friends the LaPierres will get to have all of the Sweeneys present at their table this year. This is huge. I may make a turkey in 2008 to celebrate the occasion.
Brian does NOT work on Christmas! Nor does he work on Christmas Eve! I can't believe it. I am really into holidays and I love having Brian around, so 2008 is a very exciting year for our family.
He does work on Valentine's Day, President's Day, St. Patrick's Day, his birthday, Conor's birthday, & Halloween, but for me it's all about Thanksgiving and Christmas! His crazy Firefighter schedule is sometimes tricky, but he is so nice to have around. Imagine this.... You are playing with your kids and you see your husband walk by with a stack of perfectly folded towels in his arms. (He folds towels like a hotel - perfect.) Then after getting back from some errands with the kids the dishes are clean and the house is all straightened out. I regularly count my many blessings that we get to have him around a lot. The holiday thing is hard sometimes, but we love him!
(I am going public with this information so that if an overtime call comes on those special holidays, Brian will say NO! He's a hard worker and often takes overtime work, even if he's tired!)

8 comments:

Renee said...

i'm going to have to agree, brian is the BESTEST!!!

miss you guys LOTS AND LOTS!!
xoxoxo

J S and S said...

I love this pic! Brian you handsome man!! We miss you! I'm so glad you are a good hubby! -JS&S

Nikki said...

YEA for family holidays actually spent together! WE LOVE THE SWEENEYS!

ps...guess who's coaching YW's basketball (besides lisa! guess who got the girls to actually play a zone defense and MAKE IT WORK!!)

Queen Elizabeth said...

Love the photo - YEA for the schedule! You are a crazy blogger --- gotta catch up on all of the posts a bit later...

Swoopref said...

I like how my wife invites us to dinner.

Truth be told, I have been to about 17 or so Thanksgivings with with the Lappys... they have given me honorary rock status.
(Truly thanksgiving on my part.)

McCombs Family said...

Annacy was absolutely amazed that Brian really is a fireman. We've told her many times but the uniform made it real for her. What a hot guy. What is it about the uniform that is so goodlookin? You should see my husband with ripped carpenter pants, a shirt covered in glue, and paint chunks all over his face and hair. Now that is a uniform. (Im kidding of course! I'd rather him out of his stinky work clothes)

Jim and Lisa said...

Yea!! It sounds like it will be a good year for you guys!

I must say that your husband is great, too. He's the big brother I never had!!

Wendster said...

...and he's the bestest friend, too.

I just love to stop by and see how happy you guys are together.

Let's hear it for happily ever afters and holidays together.