Saturday, January 26, 2008

My dad's mission photo



This was my dad's mission photo. He was called to the New England States Mission in 1961. He served under Truman and Ann Madsen and I have a copy of a few Cambridge newspaper articles from 1963 --- One is entitled "Mormons Chart Vast New England Plan" announcing the construction of 22 chapels in 3 years. It stated that church buildings were under construction at Warwick, RI, New London, CT, and Lynnfield, MA. (My mom served in this same mission.)

My dad is handsome, I think. He looks a lot like my 2 brothers - a combination of both of them.

4 comments:

J S and S said...

Thanks for this! I think Kyle looks just like him! Conor too! We saw Waren, Marva and Melanie at the Airport and it made me miss GG Beck too! -JS&S

Heidi said...

I took an Isaiah class from Ann Madsen, and she was AWESOME! How lucky for your father!

McCombs Family said...

Thanks for posting this. I sat with Annacy and told her that this is a picture of my dad! She was so quiet and amazed. She has never seen a picture of him. Thanks Jen.

Jody said...

Jeni-Keep on writing! Anything that pops into your mind, write it down for his memory, k? You are right, lately when I see Jeff F, I can't stop thinking of dad (Jeff has lost like 80+ pounds)! I try to talk to my kids about R. Lynn Fisher as much as I can, but would love to hear more from your point of view! You are awesome Jeni - what a good mom and a good everything! I love you!! =)