Friday, April 11, 2008

6 TOES


Have we mentioned Megan's love for counting? She counts along with Conor. Recently, she made it up into the "teens" all by herself! With one minor problem. She won't say ONE. She begins with TWO. I think I mentioned that her version of counting to 10 on the Naughty Step goes something like this, "two, tree, two, tree.....ten!" She is advancing though.

Last week I told Megan to count her toes. Obediently she began, "Two, tree, four, five, six." "Six!" she announced. I quickly grabbed our little quote notebook to jot down what she had said. Two days ago Brian, Conor, Megan, and I were all on our bed. I wanted her to demonstrate how she could count her "six" toes. She began again. This time Brian stopped her and said, pointing to her big toe, "One." Megan said loudly, "ONE!" We all cheered! She was thrilled with the attention.

Someday soon she'll figure out that she lost a toe, when she understands subtraction (6-1=5). But for now, we're getting the concept of ONE. Cool.

4 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Yea Megan!

McCombs Family said...

Simons famous counting goes "one three five six seven eight nine". Recently I have been working on those pesky even numbers with him. Hmmmm maybe we have a mathematician in the family.

Wendster said...

Cheering along!

Sherene said...

She looked so cute on Sunday at Stake Conference! I hope you were able to find the microwave.