We watched General Conference at our house on the beloved BYU channel. No matter what (kids fighting, kids yelling, kids dancing, kids coloring, etc. etc.) there are ALWAYS messages that I need. This is certainly a testimony that the church has been restored.
Another testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel is how kids can get involved in spiritual things. Even a 4-year-old (a very active one) can have fun with Conference. Several people sent me a great Conference Activity Book and our primary presidency even sent the kids home with a little activity booklet to help them listen. My personal favorite part was to color the ties of the speakers! Since our family loves treasure hunts, we also did a General Conference Treasure Hunt. It was one of our better ones, even though it wasn't planned. We cut out church icons from a Bingo game and then with each clue I asked Conor a church-conference-related question. (Who is our new prophet? How old do you have to be to be baptized? What happens in the temple? What is the building called where General Conference is held?) He did really well and I felt like he learned something from the whole experience. Afterwards, I was looking for his booklet for the last session of conference, so we could color more ties. This is what I found upstairs:

He made a little General Conference "Shrine"out of some of the things in which we used to hide clues (near his picture of Jesus, inside the Book of Mormon, etc. etc.) Cute.

4 comments:
I kept seeing the Activity book in my car, and I never put it together that it was for conference. I just thought it was yet another thing Bryn didn't do in Sharing Time. Love the Shrine!
Do you ever wonder what I will say in the next comment box? Could it be, as I am always saying/thinking:
You are a great Mom! A treasure hunt? Thinking to ask him questions during conference?
You are good! I'm happy just to have Tristan sitting quietly in the room! But now I am thinking your idea sounds so fun that I am going to have to try it. Thanks for the inspiration!
We're excited to try out our activity packet when we listen to G.C. next week. Because of the time change we have to wait a week, then let the Japanese watch the translated version, then a week after that we get to watch it!
Jen,
I love the kitchen and your blog, we miss you guys so much. I am glad that your husband emailed mine your blogs. Any more blogs you think I might be interested in from the arlington ward?
Post a Comment