Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bye Bye Binky



Megan obediently threw away her binky last Thursday when I said to Brian and her, "I am so sick of that binky. Megan, you need to throw it in the trash!" She marched upstairs and did just that. 3 or 4 hours later when bedtime rolled around she went to retrieve it. I knew this would happen so I had already cut the top off. No more binky. Megan has made it for 3 1/2 days on her own! No more addictions.

6 comments:

ellen said...

Wow! Does she win a prize?!

Sweeney Household said...

I got a couple of things for her (thinking they would be bribes or prizes), but bringing home a box of popsicles from BJ's was prize enough for Miss Megan. :)

Cami said...

Yay Megan! Yay Megan's parents; did you also win a prize?

Queen Elizabeth said...

YEA MEGAN (and Mommy! ... I think it was actually harder for me to get rid of them... as much as I DETESTED constantly searching for them... ) WAHOO!

McCombs Family said...

Go Jen!!!! It is us mothers who hold on to the dumb things. I am afraid of the crying and I love the drugged-up glazed-eyed calm that comes over simon as I give him his binky every night. But you inspire me. Maybe Simon will take the great plunge into binkyfree nights. Actually I could care less about the binky but I would give my left arm to have the kid potty trained tommorrow.

Sweeney Household said...

Jami, just to put in perspective... Megan had her binky day AND night! Contsantly if we would let her. It was obnoxious. I have no problem with "sleep-aids". Also, Megan has NO interest in using the potty. Conor was much more interested than she was. We'll see what we can do this summer....