Monday, July 21, 2008

Chivalry

Since I got my bike fixed recently, I have been anxious to get the kids out in the double bike trailer and hit the bike path. The heat and humidity have been good deterrents, but today we did it anyway. Though thunder showers were imminent, we packed up the trailer and rode to North Union Street. The kids love to run through the sprinklers at the Thompson School and play at the park too. Before I left Brian agreed to drive & pick us up when we were done. The plan was for him to ride the bike with the trailer (& the kids) back home and I would drive the car.


The thunder began just before 4pm. People started packing up. Conor was still sitting on a sprinkler (a nice enema?!) A family next to me, with a couple of toddlers, rinsed them off against their will in the powerful sprinklers. They were screaming. I began feeling kind of nervous about being under a huge tree, water all around us, and my kids in a bike trailer. I hoped Brian was on his way. He showed up just in time and we decided that the kids had better ride with me in the car. As we turned around we watched daddy bike down the street. Then within about 30 seconds it was a downpour! Brian was in shorts & a t-shirt, wearing his helmet. The poor guy. We worried about him as we drove through the torrential downpour (I couldn't even see the road at times). After arriving safely at the Edmund Inn, Conor & Megan & 2 neighbor kids had to build a damn on the street. We waited for daddy.


About 10 minutes later we saw a biker with a bike trailer coming up the hill. What an act of chivalry for his wife and kids!
What a guy!!!!



















6 comments:

rebecca said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! What a guy.

Cami said...

What smart thinking to have Brian come get you (and fortuitous with the rain)! I don't dare go too far because I'm never sure if I'll be able to make it back.

dm said...

What a great guy!! That is true love for all of you...

Swoopref said...

Just happy to get there with 30 seconds to spare!

xoxo

J S and S said...

Way to go Brian... you da man :) JS&S

klap said...

We always knew he had a heart of gold!