Wednesday, October 1, 2008

On the TREADMILL

Today I ran a 10K on the treadmill. The most I've run in a long while is 4 miles. I thought I had better pick up the pace and see if I could do 6.2 miles for the upcoming Tufts 10K. I DID IT! 850 + calories and 1 hour and about 8 minutes later, I finished. It felt great. Not the fastest 10K ever, but I did it.
(BTW, my sister-in-law ran a 1/2 marathon on her treadmill! That's crazy :) )!!!!

7 comments:

rebecca said...

You are my hero! I need to dust off my running shoes and lose my tummy jiggle;) Good luck running your 10K!

ellen said...

You by far outdid this lazy cousin.

Cami said...

Wow! I'm super impressed, especially since you did it on a treadmill which I think is much harder than street running. Hey, I think Ashley J. might be running the Tufts 10K too. You should talk to her about it.

Sweeney Household said...

Ya, Ash is running! I think I will hide among the slow runners and just enjoy the route. I did it about 10 years ago and I love running along the Charles River! I was proud of myself today. :)

Queen Elizabeth said...

Wow. I got exhausted just READING that post. Good for you girl!!!!!

Wendster said...

I'm tired just reading about it. hee.

J S and S said...

Way to go Jen!