Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wake up, Jump up, Clap your hands

Megan is thrilled with her dance class. She proudly wears her backpack, containing her tiny ballet slippers and tap shoes. We take her to a dance studio in Woburn where her cousins have gone for years. (One day while visiting my neices in Burlington, my brother-in-law mentioned that he heard Megan was in "time-out" in her dance class.) I was kind of worried about how well our little 2 1/2-year-old could do in a structured class. But last Wednesday, I was very reassured when we were invited to "peek week" and watched her class. I am very proud to say that she is awesome! It was so adorable to watch her follow her teachers and be graceful and energetic. I think her little belly (as you see in the 1st photograph) adds to her cuteness! The first thing they did was a warm-up little routine with the lyrics, "Wake up! Jump up! Clap your hands!" It was so funny! At the end Megan took a bow.


*********************************************
TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES!!!! So, I have to quickly express my frustration with my camera and computer this week. I have tried all week to upload a video of Megan dancing from my camera. For some reason all the pictures I took uploaded from my camera just fine, along with 3 short movie clips, but it just skipped this one. I edited the skipped one & tried all sorts of things (including reading my manual) and it still won't upload. Then I "gave up" and tried to use Google to upload one of the movies that I did get successfully onto my computer, but I can't get that to work either! What is the deal? I need assistance. I really wanted to post this last week, for crying out loud!? I really enjoy blogging but I could use a few good tutorials..... (I have Megan's warm-up song as one of the movies and her bow at the end! too cute.)

5 comments:

rebecca said...

these pics are so cute:)
The only time I've uploaded a video onto my blog I used YouTube and the only hitch if I remember correctly was that I had to make it public otherwise it wouldn't show up on the blog.

Ann-Marie said...

You've got a dancer!! It makes me smile to see her enjoying her class so much. Thank you for posting the pictures

Queen Elizabeth said...

Your little ballerina is precious. I know that if your video is too long, it won't upload and you have to do it through YouTube. I am having computer/net connections myself. Must be something in the water! :)

Cami said...

Cute little Megan! I love the picture of her prancing around with the other little girl. I bet she's in heaven every class.

On the subject of videos: the Blogger direct upload stinks and is highly unreliable. Google video is a bit more consistent, although I'm with Rebecca: I've had the most success with YouTube uploads (then you just embed the code into your blog post). We should have a blogging playdate sometime where our kids can run around making chaos as we swap blog tips.

Cris said...

For videos, I use google video. You can make the video private and it works just fine. Load it from your camera to your computer. Then with a google account, log into video.google.com and click on "upload video". Browse to the video on your computer, fill in the info, and upload it.

It'll take a minute or two after it's uploaded to be able to view it. Go to "uploaded videos". If the video status is live, click on "view".

A new window will open. On the right, find a hyperlink that says "embed video". Click on that and a box will open up underneath with a bunch of html code. Copy all of the code and paste it into the blog editor.

To be safe, paste it into the "edit html" view instead of the "compose" view in blogger.