Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Gingerbread house you don't want to eat...

Happy December! I feel very behind. I still have Christmas cards in the making. I have blog posts waiting to be posted. We have decorations yet to be hung. And a tree waiting to be purchased. But we did make a gingerbread house last week. It was part of our daily calendar activities for December. At first I did most of the work (it was a pre-made one so my work wasn't that difficult) and then when the candy part came, the kids really had fun.


A helicopter flew in to deliver the candy sticks. . .







Megan's Christmas bear was ready to assist. . .


The proud owners of a delicious Gingerbread house! Conor licked quite a few of the candies. He wanted me to taste how yummy the green "wreath" candy was above the door. :)

6 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Are you kidding? That is PERFECT for eating. So adorable.

Love the new format, by the way! Talk to you soon!!! I'm feeling the need some Jen sanity time!

Wendster said...

I think the house looks super.

I love that you put the family name over the door. Very clever!

Drewmeister said...

They did an awesome job and I'm so glad the helicopter could make a special delivery of the candy decorations

Cami said...

How fun is that?!? I'm impressed that any candy made it onto the house (I have a Hansel and a Gretal at my house). Nice job.

Watauga Relief Society said...

ok that is the perfect way to build a gingerbread house! merry christmas!

Dave from Boston said...

Merry Christmas!

~~ Chops