Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Charlie Brown Sunday


Today marks the 3rd Sunday that we've stayed home from church due to the weather!
1. Sunday, December 28th
2. Sunday, January 11th
3. Sunday, January 18th
Each one of these Sundays I have had similar, but mixed feelings. Bottom line: I often feel guilty as I try to make the decision whether or not to attend church.

I voiced some of those thoughts out loud this morning. "I just feel guilty for not going to church -- I feel guilty trying to decide if I should go or not," I said to Brian.
Conor said, "Mom, you're just like Charlie Brown! Charlie Brown says, 'Everything I do makes me feel guilty!'"

Good call, son!
I got a good laugh from that comment & decided that we might as well have a nice family day. The kids went out sledding down Edmund Road again while Brian shoveled snow!

***************************************************

Entertainment on Saturday:
The Cat in the Hat visited Pottery Barn Kids in Burlington.

2 comments:

klap said...

I miss the snow!!! enjoy it while you got it!

Drewmeister said...

No need to feel guilty. I did go last week and wish I hadn't. Church was great--but getting there and back was dangerous and no fun. No snowstorm in the forecast for tomorrow!