Saturday, January 17, 2009

My cousin was on US Airways flight 1549!!

"2 Wings and a prayer" was the title of an article on the front of a NY newspaper. How appropriate.




I can't believe it! My cousin Darren was one of the survivors on US Airways flight 1549. Check out this link.....




I was already part of Chesley 'Sully' Sullenberger's fan club for being so courageous and for being the last one out of the plane, making sure everyone else got out first. Now I am also part of the pilot's fan club because he saved my cousin's life!

7 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

wow! and a little creepy given a conversation that Brian and I had yesterday.

rebecca said...

So glad he's safe!

ellen said...

That is wild! Is he my cousin too?!?

jksfam said...

The whole thing is so amazing! Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad that they are all safe (I guess some injuries, but no deaths). Amazing!

Sweeney Household said...

ep, yes, as matter of fact he is your cousin too! My mom's brother (Darren's dad) is the one who found the Pitchforth connection!!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Wow - very very amazing. Glad he - and everyone - is ok!!!

Janika said...

Wow. This is such an amazing story. So glad your cousin is safe. My kids are now worried that a flock of birds will cause our lovely minivan to crash--I just hope I'm as competent as that pilot!