Remember all the collections of childhood? Conor is the King of Collections. He has a rock collection that he keeps right ouside our front door. Many of his rocks have had to be returned to our neighbors' yards. He also has a stuffed animal/puppet collection. All of his animals are related to his favorite puppy, Plopper. Plopper's mom is a giraffe.
Hands down, the most clever collection Conor has is his wrapper collection. Yes, it's a

candy wrapper collection. It all started in a small jewlery-sized box. He refused to throw any of his candy wrappers away, and would ask others for their wrappers. Conor opens the box and smells it frequently. It does have a nice sugary aroma. He'll ask you if you'd like to smell it too. I found his collection growing a bit out of hand. There were wrappers stuffed inside our game cupboard. I told him that he needed to clean them up. A "magic" plastic CVS bag became the new home to all his sweet-smelling wrappers yesterday. He promptly took the bag upstairs, hung it on his bedroom door, and made a sign for it.

He had to identify it as his so that all the envious members of our family wouldn't steal them.
This kid loves sweets. Just this morning he asked for
another Pop Tart. I said, "Conor, don't you want something healthy?"
He answered,
"No,.....my tummy has a world just for candy!"
7 comments:
Bryn has a rock collection outside our door, too. They should get together and compare rocks. And I definitely want to and sniff Conor's wrapper collection. p.s., Hope you're winning the battle with the flu!
My tummy has a world just for candy?!?!?
HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!
sniff.
man that was funny.
Hey - my tummy does too (and it shows!)
Adorable!!!
Now that's funny....where did this kid learn his phrases? He always has great word choice!! I'll never forget my summer with him in nursery. After walking up to the temple, instead of saying "I'm lost," Conor says, "I lost my way..."
SO cute!
Conor candy is the best! You have very nice hand writing too. Give everyone a squeeze! Luv-JS&S
I love your blog Jeni! You rock! And so does Conor's rock collection, I bet. Adam and Sara have had one since Fort Collins and we have two ziplock bags full of the really special ones. Sara is 12 (well Mar 31) and Adam is 14...that is a long time for a collection, huh?
Tell Conor and Megan Aunt Jody said "I CANNOT WAIT TILL JULY WHEN YOU COME TO STAY WITH ME AND GO ON THE LAKE AND SWIM IN OUR COMMUNITY POOL (a big one now, not just the silly splash pool) AND SLEEP IN OUR FINISHED BASEMENT AND WATCH A MOVIE IN OUR THEATER!!!" Yes, I had to scream it!! =)
My tummy has a world in it just for chocolate. I made grandma fishers chocolate cake and I swear I ate 1/2 of it. I wish I could smell his collection. How cool.
Post a Comment