Monday, March 9, 2009

Megan, my little HERO

Megan says the cutest, heart-felt prayers. She talks kind of fast & skips words, but we can understand her so we think she's amazingly sweet when she prays. She prays at the dinner table every night, before anyone else can. "Hevnly Father, thank you blessings, food........" That's how they all begin. Lately she has been adding things like, "thanks that daddy come home from work," and she never forgets to bless her cousin Ezra. Conor and Megan remind each other to say certain things if one of them forgets!


On Saturday night this is what Megan said in her prayer:

"Please bless mommy that she can get married. Bless her ring to get fixed. And, please bless daddy's truck to get fixed."

Now let me explain..... I had to take off my diamond because a tiny piece of one of the prongs broke & I don't want to lose the diamond. I showed it to the kids a day or 2 before she said this prayer. I honestly don't know how she associated my needing to get married with the ring! And, Brian's truck shouldn't be on the road anymore. I told the kids that it was old and so we needed to get a new car. Can you believe how cute that is? She seemed so aware and in tune with what was going on with all of us. I love kids.

4 comments:

rebecca said...

look out! Brian's car just might be on the road for another 10 years:)

Karen said...

I LOVE kids prayers! They are the BEST!

Cami said...

How sweet is that! Good luck with getting married and getting the truck fixed.

Wendster said...

I love kid's prayers too.

Tristan adds in stuff like: And I am awesome! and I am so smart! And Daddy's a super hero! and so on ... lol.

Hey ... I'm taking my blog private and you are welcome to keep on reading if you have the time or interest. (Just don't want the attorney we are in litigation against to read my blog anymore ... we are trying to win our house back from the dishonest seller who didn't honor the contract.)

E mail me at WendyOhW@yahoo.com with your e mail address and I'll get you hooked up.

:)