Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top of the Morning!

The Edmund Inn is serving Mother Sweeney's Boiled Dinner today. And, the Non-Irish 1/2 of the family is making GREEN Chocolate Chip Cookies! Take your pick....

Votes will be tallied this evening!


Oh, man! I don't have any brown sugar, so off to the store we go....

Funny kids comments for the day:

* Conor & Megan constantly make up scenerios with emergency vehicles and in the background I just heard Megan yell, "Caw Wah, she's dead!" Conor keeps yelling, "You're OVER arrest! You're OVER arrest!" (Over -- Under, same thing. Cute mix-up of words.)

10 comments:

Cami said...

I'll take some of each, thanks (since I'm part Irish, part chocolate chip).

Queen Elizabeth said...

Cookies cookies cookies!!!! I have not had boiled dinner since 97 a la the Bennetts. Sorry - not my thang!

Happy St. Patty's day!

Ann-Marie said...

coming for dinner!

klap said...

that's cute! I suppose every child is torn between choosing if they want to be a fireman when they grown up...or be what their dad is. Lucky for your kids ;)
I knew there would be a good St. Pat's Day blog at the Edmund Inn! Happy Days to you all! Wish we were at your dinner table tonight!

McCombs Family said...

I prefer boiled dinner by far. Thats what we had! Anyway, Green food coloring makes me afraid when it comes out....sorry to be graphic but I know you remember red velvet cake (or was it blue).

Wendster said...

caw wah? I am needing some help figuring that word out lolz!

I'll go with the boiled dinner. And how about a handful of chocolate chips?

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Melanie said...

Your kids seriously say the funniest things.
I love your menu for St. Patty's Day. We ate green pancakes for breakfast and green Jello jigglers for lunch....not that cool.

Swoopref said...

Wendy...
"Caw wah" is how Megan says "Conor"

Instead of us getting her to say it correctly, we all now are calling him Cawah.

J S and S said...

Where are you??? JS&S

Wendster said...

I get it now. Cute!