- A couple of weeks ago, I went to my yearly dental appointment. The thing I like the least about going to the dentist is that scraping sound when the hygienist cleans your teeth. It makes me get the chills.
- Sunday night we took a family walk to the park. On the way back, Miss Megan was running down hill and fell. She got a big scrape on her right knee, along with a bruise to follow. Poor thing. We took turns carrying her the rest of the way home, as she cried.
- Today I took both kids to the gym with me. As I backed out of our parking space, I heard that terrible scraping sound! NO! Even after making a mental note to pull out carefully when we got there, I backed up right into a nice Hyundai. (Gold's Gym is crazy busy and some of the spots are a little tricky.) There were definite scrapes on her car and mine, so I left her a note. A "scrape" is possibly the best type of accident you can get in. But it doesn't change the fact that the insurance goes UP! I called Brian to tell him the bad news and in his usual fashion, he asked if we were okay. Then he said, "It's no problem. That's what we have insurance for...." When I got off the phone I told my kids how lucky they were to have such a great dad.
- I followed that with a similar story about when I was eighteen. My step dad allowed me to drive a red Chrysler Le Baron convertible to school (BYU). One evening I was turning around in a gas station and I backed up into a cement post. That scraping sound made me sick that day, just as it did today. I told my kids that when I called Grandpa, he asked me if anyone was hurt. Then he said, "Cars can be fixed. As long as you are okay...."
Today I felt like Megan and wanted someone to carry me home from the gym while I cried! What a bummer.
4 comments:
This makes me sad Jen - I hate that feeling at the dentist too, especially since I have ultra sensitive teeth (receding gums). Sorry, Megan, hope your knee is feeling better! And, dang when cars pop out of nowhere - a little touch up paint will fix that right up??? =)
Too many scrapes!!! Sorry about the car, and Megan too (wow, am I heartless or what?)
Bummer... Sikoti is driving now... he just has his permit but I'm crossing my fingers we don't hear scraping any time soon.
Megan I hope your knee feels better :) -JS&S
I dented my car on Christmas eve last year too, it's even worse than yours. I was so mad at myself, it was just stupid!
Post a Comment