The Ward Campout is a great tradition. Sharon, VT is quiet, beautiful, green, and often rainy. The kids in the ward run up and down the grassy hill side and we love the huge open spaces. It's nice to feel disconnected from the Internet, phones, etc. (Thankfully I did have my cell phone this year because I slept in the car for a few hours and needed to call AAA to jump start our battery! Oops. Each year there is something unexpected. Last year I got a speeding ticket. We've had a couple of flat tires in VT too.)
Enjoy some pics from our 2009 visit to VT:
Our compound
Ring Toss

sleeping beauty
And, other people's cute kids:
One of the best parts of the camp out was that I left early with cousin Ellen and got to talk to an adult for 2 1/2 hours all by myself. Then I slept at my very own house all by myself. It was glorious and very quiet. I dreamed I heard someone yell, "MOM!" Sunday morning. I rolled back over and went to bed -- it was only a dream. :)
2 comments:
I just told Wayne we need to take a flag to camp like the Sweeneys. We'll be there Labor Day weekend and I HOPE we have a dry campout. These pictures make me want to pack our bags. I love being away from it all for a bit.
Always a great campout in Sharon! Amazing how much I miss all the Boston things still -- and we were only there for three years.
Post a Comment