Sunday, August 2, 2009

3 day get-away

3 days in Lake Winnipesaukee ~ great fun. I took Conor & Megan up to the Lake by myself for 3 days. We played in the water, made sand castles, swam, and played Candy Land, Hi ho Cherry-O, & Chutes & Ladders.


"Tree Pose"

Megan's "My name is....." pose

Conor's side stroke
Bury me in the sand

Mermaid Pose
We love the LAKE!

Post Script: This summer has been busy. We've been out of town about 3 1/2 weeks so far and I haven't been blogging as much. In fact, I am in a blogging "slump." I love doing it. I mostly post stuff for 2 reasons: 1. My siblings and parents live far away. 2. I like to write & blogging is a fun way of casually writing. (And I like that I'm making a family record along the way.) But, I'm in a slump because I feel like I type the same things over and over. Hmmmm. This tells you something about my life. How can I improve my blogging style? How can I get more people to comment so that I feel motivated to keep blogging? I need Blogger Therapy.......

6 comments:

J S and S said...

You HAVE to keep blogging! I checked your blog a million times until you finally updated. We MISS you guys!!! -JS&S
P.S. I promise I'll update mine soon :)

Sweeney Household said...

Julie,
Cousin Ellen told me about "Google Reader" that you can set up to tell you when people update. That way you don't have to check mine 100 times to see if I posted new stuff. Cool, huh? I'm sure it's been around awhile. Those of us who are not BLOGGER experts take a bit longer to learn these things. :)

Ann-Marie said...

love the pictures! You really did have a marvelous time didn't you!?!

Wendster said...

First ... you must keep blogging. I enjoy your blog so much.

Second ... I found that people like to comment on blogs that comment on their blogs. You know ... you take the time to read my blog, I make the time to read your blog ... and we comment when we swing by.

Just sayin' ... :) hint hint lol

Swoopref said...

Wendster - I haven't been on your blog for ages, but I do have a good reason. I'm not an "invited reader." I thought I sent you my email to invite me, but if not:
jenifersweeney@yahoo.com

:)

Wendster said...

Oooooooooooooh!
Well, that explains it!
I absolutely apologize, and as far as I know I don't recall getting an e mail from you ... but no worries ... I'll go send an invite now.

I guarantee you it was an oversight. Not an intended omission. You are welcome at my blog anytime, friend!

:)