Saturday, August 22, 2009

Peach Festival, North Andover

Today we decided to go up to North Andover for a Peach Festival at Smolak Farms. It was actually a poorly organized event that was incredibly overpriced. For example, it cost $2.00 per child to jump in the bouncy house for 3 minutes! It cost $4.00 for each person to take a hay ride around their farm. And, it cost $4.00 to get a little face painting. I was hoping to get some Peach Cobbler. Sounds delicious, huh? (it was $8.95 for a tiny container of it, so I passed.)

Since I most often post the more favorable parts of our days, I thought I'd give justice to some of our unsuccessful, boring activities too. (The humidity didn't help my attitude, but we won't be going to this festival again next year.....)



The best part for the kids was chasing the turkeys around the farm and seeing deer, a cow, and some pretty cool llamas. I liked the tractor.

1 comment:

Angi said...

OK I just saw your family pictures on Saydi's Blog and they are SO CUTE!!! seriously!!! I love the chess picture...I hope you like how they came out because I LOVE them...did I mention that I liked your family pictures?