Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mommy is sick!!

Last Friday night I didn't feel quite right. I thought I may have the flu because my muscles were aching and I kept getting the chills. Saturday I felt the same way and had a fever. Sunday I still felt yuck. Monday. Tuesday. I called my mom Tuesday and she told me that I had better go to the doctor on Wednesday. (What would I do without my mom? seriously...) Wednesday I went to one of the most nightmare-ish doctor's appointments I've ever had. It consisted of the following:


  • wearing a mask upon entrance to the clinic, and during the entire 2 hours + that I was there
  • being weighed
  • having 2 elongated toothpicks stuck up my nose to remove tissue for a H1N1 Virus test
  • breathing forcefully into a machine to measure my oxygen level
  • repeating a high-pitched "eeeee" sound as the doctor listened to my lungs
  • walking up and down some stairs, attached to my doctor and an oxygen monitor
  • having chest x-rays
  • waiting for about 40 minutes for my diagnosis while my doctor was in a meeting
  • waiting for those same 40 minutes instructed to leave my mask on!!!!
  • wondering what what was wrong with me, which added to the general pain I was already feeling

The diagnosis:
I have PNEUMONIA!!

4 comments:

amydear said...

Not fun! I had pneumonia once, but I didn't have to go through all of that. Glad you don't have the swine flu, and I hope you feel better soon!

Cami said...

Toothpicks up your nose to collect tissue!?!! I would have slapped the doctor.

Feel better! You should drop your kids by my place so you can go home and have an extended rest. I'm not kidding.

Anonymous said...

:(

Jody said...

Mom told me and I am so sad for you. Hope you are well now. Big dose of antibiotics? Adam has had walking pneumonia twice. Poor kid. I think he has a mixture of asthma and allergies. He hacks and coughs in the morning like he is a smoker =( Good luck Jeni...no fun being sick with kids to take care of!! LOVE YOU!!