This week was Brian's big hike - Mt. Katahdin - in Maine. His plans included 3 days: traveling 2 days, hiking on Friday. Auntie Patti called last Sunday night and offered the cottage again. So, two roads diverged at the Edmund Inn, and I took the one to New Hampshire.
The Lake is always a great time. We invited the Jones clan (mommy & 3 kiddos) to help entertain us and enjoy the cottage. (Her post) We swam Wednesday afternoon after arriving, went miniature golfing on Thursday morning and swam again that afternoon. The weather cooperated beautifully. Friday was hot and in the 90's, which was a perfect day for a swim!
Conor was pretty sure he had found a clam WITH a pearl!
Megan is proudly "swimming" more and more. She even puts her little face in the water while holding her nose. (not her head, just her face...)
After golfing (thankfully for other patrons, we had the course to ourselves), we found a lot of fun creating sand castles & sand communities. Conor forbade anyone from assisting with or ruining his creation. The other 3 built their castles together.
2 little buddies in the raft. The water is about 6" deep here.
Conor got $1.00 to go out to the dock himself. Last year he had to be rescued with the canoe by daddy! Well done, Conor. 


I need to get these photos (above & below) full-size. All the kids (minus the sweetest baby who I don't know how we missed out on taking her photo!!!) on the couch enjoying none other than TELEVISION.

Another bonus of the Lake..... good sleepers! Conor fell asleep on Thursday night and slept through the night in his clothes.
Miss Megan fell asleep by the Lake on Friday. (Unfortunately, she woke up on Friday with a fever. Poor thing. Bummer way to spend a beautiful day!)
2 comments:
Love the photos!
I love the pictures--your kids are so cute--truly I think it must be in the genetics ;)
I posted some pictures of Grandma & Grandpas old house in Mt. Green you may like to see.
http://allourfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com/
Love you cuz!
Post a Comment