We are so fortunate to have wonderful friends! Conor and Megan and I got to go to TX this past week to visit our close friends who used to live in New England. Conor made the discovery on this trip that they weren't really his cousins. ;) We consider them family. AM has been my "email buddy" for years and we have bonded through the experiences of motherhood and life in general. Her husband was kind enough to use his frequent flyer miles to send us to TX to visit them! We had a great time. My Top 5 great things included:
- Talking non-stop to an adult all day long for 4 days straight
- Running (by myself) in 60-degree weather in March in shorts and a t-shirt
- Sleeping 7-8 hours/night with the kids on a separate floor
- Watching our 5 children play and play and play and completely enjoy one another's company -- and meeting their 1-year-old for the first time
- Visiting the state of TX, which reminded me of my childhood. I grew up a big fan of the Dallas Cowboys (#12, Roger Staubach) and I regularly watched the TV series "Dallas".
Included are photos of the kids. No adults represented in the photos, as is tradition on vacation. We enjoyed 60-degree + weather. We went on a nature walk, visited a few parks, played with all our friends' fun toys, and went on some adventurous outings. We all had an authentic Texan experience. We visited the Heard Natural Science Museum and went to the Fort Worth Stockyards. (I made my first simple collages in Picasa too.)



THANK YOU for a fabulous vacation! We heart TEXAS!!!
6 comments:
Looks like you had an excellent time. :)
Fun! ...but glad you're back! (You're LUCKY to have missed the storm last weekend.)
I'm so glad you were able to take a vacation! Now I know why you didn't post for a while :) Love you! JS&S
P.S. I like the collages :)
Thanks AM & T,
You are good!
What cool friends you have! Texas always reminds me of the McKinnley's - Mark & Melanie the twins who we used to live with in CT moved to Dallas when we moved to Utah. I've always wanted to visit. Texan politics is what I appreciate =)
Post a Comment