Friday, March 5, 2010

February Vacation Week

Back in February ;) Conor had a week off from school. Our adventures included the following:

The weekend before vacation began with a hockey game. Brian brought Conor to play on Spy Pond with guys from church. Conor had a great time and even broke the ice along the edge of the pond and got soaking wet!

We spent one morning at the Fells with our friends from Norway. We played in a stream, walked around in the melting snow, tossed sticks, and enjoyed winter. Megan and her friend crawled across a log to get to the other side of the stream and Conor continued the theme of getting his feet wet. He let one of his shoes float down the stream and then walked back to the car with a soggy foot.

Tuesday we got a lot of snow and the kids played with Noa and Ava for almost three hours outside while the adults watched some of the Olympics. My friend was trying to watch anything live that included coverage of Norwegian athletes, but the only thing we could find on TV was curling. The snow forced us to go home and I got stuck in our own driveway. Really, the snow is different in New England! And my car isn't that great in it. But, it provided the perfect setting for our activities the following day.

Two friends and I and all of our kids (six between the 3 of us) went to Gore Place in Waltham to go snowshoeing. It was my first time. It wasn't exactly what I expected, but we had a great day. For $5.00 we rented snow shoes and explored 48 acres of land. We spent most of our time building gigantic snowmen and women and building a huge snow fort. Our surroundings were absolutely beautiful.





Thursday we spent a sweaty hour and a half at our favorite place, Tumble Kids. Friday and Saturday we vegetated and watched TV to ensure that we could include "being lazy" as part of our vacation description.

It was so nice to wake up each day during school vacation and not have to scramble to make Conor's lunch, yell at him to HURRY and get dressed, threaten Megan that if she didn't brush her teeth and go to the bathroom before taking Conor to school that she'd have to go back to bed, and other unpleasant things that happen way too often when school is in session.

We are looking forward to our next VACATION! School is out for another week in April, but we get a BONUS vacation in March. Stay tuned for more exciting details......

3 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Fun stuff. Need to hear more about snow shoeing!

J S and S said...

Yeah! You're back and it looks like you are having fun!

We've always wanted to go snow shoeing... the snow was finally all melted here and then we had a freak snow storm on Friday! Yuck! I'm sick of it. I'm ready for spring and warmth! It is almost gone again though. Love you guys tons!!!! -JS&S

P.S. Thanks for reading me the details on Locks of Love all the way from Boston :) I'll have to post pics of my new hair cut :)

Jody said...

I cannot believe I am reading posts dating this far back...what a flake I am. We haven't talked for a while, but I see why. BUSY BUSY BEES you are! I think your kids lives will be so chuck full of fun adventuresome memories they will always have stories to tell =) What great parents you are!!!