
Today I had the motivation I often lack. I felt like everything in our house needed to be cleaned NOW and I started 23 projects (slight exaggeration). Most of them are still in progress.
While I was changing the sheets on Megan's bed, trying to flip her mattress, clean the dust from the bed frame, scrub the window sill from the window nearby, vacuum her bunky board, and think of ways I could rearrange the kids' room, I looked out my window.
A woman got out of her car and walked up onto my neighbor's front steps. It was her cleaning lady. I laughed at myself and my mad fury to take on cleaning my whole house in two hours. Then later when I was scrubbing soap scum from our tub I dreamed of how would it be to have a cleaning lady!? I also asked myself what I am learning from doing these things myself.
I am thankful for the chance I have to stay home with our children and learn to make a home. Sometimes though, when I look out my window, the grass really does look greener!
_____________________________
5 comments:
A cleaning lady....that is my dream.
It must be something in the air (dirt?!?), because just this last Sunday I looked around and said, "I'm done with all this mess!" But I don't think I've been as motivated as you. Sign me up for the cleaning lady! :)
Oh you have cleaning "ladies" - their names are Conor, Megan and Brian. I'm sure with as organized as you are, they already have job charts, but as they get older (not Brian of course!) they'll learn from Mom how to clean. Luckily they are not learning the wrong thing - Pay someone else to do your dirty jobs =)
My neighbor has both a cleaning lady and a gardening crew, and she doesn't even have kids at home to make a mess. I'm often tempted to ask her cleaning lady to come on over to my house when she's done. But I don't want to pay for it!
I'm glad you don't have a cleaning lady! I'm very opinionated on that subject!! If you mess it up... you clean it up. -JS&S
Post a Comment