Monday, May 31, 2010

A Day Off

Lately Conor wants less and less of school and more time to play. Friday he hit his head in gym class and the school nurse asked us to come pick him up. It was around 11:30am. On our way out of the school Conor said to me, "Well, my wish came true!" Today he had another wish come true - Memorial Day - a day off from school.

Judy was also more than happy to have a day off work and the four of us (minus Brian who was working today) went to the deCordova Museum/Sculpture Park in Lincoln, and then to see Shrek Forever After. It was a super busy fun-filled afternoon and I might add, the most gorgeous weather possible.

1st thing Conor did was climb a tree and announce that he was the "gorilla sculpture."



My review:
The deCordova Sculpture Park was amazing. The sculptures are interesting, entertaining, diverse, and they are everywhere you look. It is well worth the $10. admission for adults (with a AAA membership) and $8. for kids under 6. Included in the admission fee they offer an activity kit for children. I thought it was really cool. The 35-acre park is amazingly beautiful and today couldn't have been any more perfect to enjoy it. The kids' attention span didn't last long enough to fully appreciate the museum so I'd like to go back again to see it!

Shrek Forever After was really cute. My kids were slightly afraid in parts but they are sleeping soundly now (no wakings from nightmares yet). The story has a good message and I recommend it.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

What a cool place!

Unknown said...

Conner plays a great gorrilla.

Looks like a great place to visit. I am adding it to my Boston list of things to do.

Watauga Relief Society said...

I can't believe how big they are! Great pictures :)