Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

Happy Happy Birthday!!!  

My birthday request was to stay home from our annual ward camp out to Sharon, VT so that I could A. Clean our house B. Have some alone time and C. Not sleep on the ground anymore this summer.  My dear Brian granted me my request and he took Conor and Megan camping from Thursday - Sunday.  

Judy and Anna took me out to The Elephant Walk for my birthday dinner, which was delicious & fun.  The night before Anna, Kimberly, and I went to also celebrate at Burdick's in Cambridge.  These ladies taught me how to celebrate!  :)

Are these not the most beautiful cupcakes ever?(Party Favors in Brookline)



Cleaning is complete.  I have learned why my friends who keep a clean house are THIN.  Man, it was hard work.  I scrubbed every hardwood floor (which is pretty much our whole house) on my hands and knees over the past 2 days, in addition to the kitchen floor.  I even moved furniture and major appliances to clean corners.  I washed walls, baseboards, and removed dust bunnies.  Before anyone is too impressed, it has been years (plural) since I have deeply cleaned our house.  I organized the kids' rooms, made some progress on getting rid of things, and opened the attic and added some things to it.  Our attic is very well organized I must say.  It was a wonderful birthday and I learned that hard work is really fulfilling.  Well, sometimes.

Once my mom put a $20. bill at the end of a long hallway across our bathroom growing up.  My job was to take an old hair brush and brush up all the hair from the carpet.  My mom was thorough in her cleaning!  I reached the end and happily got my 20 bucks.  Well, today there was no "reward" other than the best satisfaction I've felt in awhile. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

Sounds like it was a great one. A clean house is such a good feeling.

You were missed at the camp out. There were a few moments I was a little jealous of you being at home and not having to walk up that monster hill to use the bathroom at 3 AM.