Friday, September 3, 2010

Good bye, friend

We belong to a church that believes in Eternal life.  We believe that our relationships here on earth are Eternal and last beyond the grave.  Even so, losing a friend to death is a painful, sad experience.  Our friend, Dave Chopelas, died unexpectedly at age 34 and left an amazingly cool wife and an adorable and sweet 18-month-old son.  My heart aches for this little boy who will miss knowing his father and experiencing the love that his dad had for him.  I attended the funeral and Brian went to his burial.  Good bye for now Dave.  We love you.

Vivian, Dave's sister, is very special to our family.  She is the person who introduced Brian to the church.  If it weren't for her, our lives may be very different.  It was neat for Megan to get to meet her (and Vivian's daughter).

3 comments:

amydear said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I hear too many of these stories these days. I hope his family is doing okay.

ellen said...

I still can't wrap my head around Dave being gone. He was such a presence and a great guy. It was nice to see Vivian again and meet her daughter. I'm glad BS got to the burial. He is one of Dave's favorite people (even though he lost him at the T. Fair!).

J S and S said...

I'm so sorry. It is such a blessing to have our beliefs to fall back on when dealing with the loss of a loved one. -JS&S