The Edmund Inn is a small, cozy home located in the suburbs of Boston. It is inhabited by Jenifer, the Inn Keeper, Brian, the original owner, Conor, and Miss Megan. The Inn was built in 1930 and still maintains some of it's original charm.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
My Piano
I have wanted to have my piano for years. It arrived today! I keep staring at it, amazed that it is with us in Massachusetts.
Melanie, you would be proud. Amy T. is teaching Conor and he can play a few good songs. Check out this link of him at his recital..... http://jenbriansweeneyfamily.blogspot.com/2010/04/conors-piano-debut.html
In answer to Julie's question: My friend's sister was coming to MA in a 18-foot Penske truck from CA. She drove through McGill so she could get the piano for me (and about 8 boxes of "my stuff"). I pitched in for the cost of the truck & it ended up being cost effective for all of us! Lucky Me!!!
Yea! I am excited that you have the piano from Northern Hills Drive, right? Did we ever have that in Connecticut? My greatest memories of that piano are of mom playing it on Sundays and how it sounded so great with the high ceilings.
It has sat way too long in McGill, so glad you finally got it. I know mom bequeathed it to you since you were the only one who was "really truly" musically inclined out of the 6 of us! Do you still play? Get those kids playing immediately, but make sure they learn to love it and stop piano lessons when it starts being something they dislike, k?
Who are you having tune it up? Does it still sound good? I need a piano. I can still play the theme from "The Young & the Restless" ha ha. Maybe one day I'll have that black baby grand I've always dreamed of. Enjoy it Jeni. It looks perfect where you placed it!
Jen, Not to argue with our older sister but... make the kiddos stick with piano even when they don't want to. They will thank you later ;)
Jody, SL school district and maybe your district have a special used piano sale each year. They are pianos used for the school year and then sold. I'll send you the letter next time.
11 comments:
Hurray! I'm so excited you finally get to be in the same state as your piano. Enjoy it!
That's a perfect spot for it! Next time I'm over I'll play Swans on the Lake for you by memory (my recital piece from when I was 8).
Congratulations! Does this mean Conor will be starting lessons?
Yay it's beautiful!
Melanie, you would be proud. Amy T. is teaching Conor and he can play a few good songs. Check out this link of him at his recital.....
http://jenbriansweeneyfamily.blogspot.com/2010/04/conors-piano-debut.html
That sounds like quite a treck for the little piano that could. Looks so nice there in MA. Love you all and miss you. How is first grade going?
How on earth did it get there?? Did the parentals bring it out to you?? or did you sweet hubby go pick it up?? Love you guys -JS&S
In answer to Julie's question:
My friend's sister was coming to MA in a 18-foot Penske truck from CA. She drove through McGill so she could get the piano for me (and about 8 boxes of "my stuff"). I pitched in for the cost of the truck & it ended up being cost effective for all of us! Lucky Me!!!
I guess it is a SWEET friend then :) I bet the parentals are happy about the extra room ;)
(I kinda figured since I just talked to Mom and she was not in Boston... it wasn't them.)
Can't wait to here Megan & Conor play. I bet you are so excited to play a real piano again. Now you can practice primary songs! -JS&S
Yea! I am excited that you have the piano from Northern Hills Drive, right? Did we ever have that in Connecticut? My greatest memories of that piano are of mom playing it on Sundays and how it sounded so great with the high ceilings.
It has sat way too long in McGill, so glad you finally got it. I know mom bequeathed it to you since you were the only one who was "really truly" musically inclined out of the 6 of us! Do you still play? Get those kids playing immediately, but make sure they learn to love it and stop piano lessons when it starts being something they dislike, k?
Who are you having tune it up? Does it still sound good? I need a piano. I can still play the theme from "The Young & the Restless" ha ha. Maybe one day I'll have that black baby grand I've always dreamed of. Enjoy it Jeni. It looks perfect where you placed it!
XOXOXOXO
Jen, Not to argue with our older sister but... make the kiddos stick with piano even when they don't want to. They will thank you later ;)
Jody, SL school district and maybe your district have a special used piano sale each year. They are pianos used for the school year and then sold. I'll send you the letter next time.
-JS&S
Post a Comment