Thursday, September 9, 2010

Making up for Last Year

Happy Birthday, dear Conor!  We can't believe that you are SEVEN years old.   You have given us 7 years of thrilling (and some challenging) adventures.  You have had a great sense of humor since the day you learned to speak.  We always love what you have to say.  When you beat me in chess a few weeks ago, I felt pretty sure that you will always be smarter than me!  Daddy and I are very proud of you.  You are a wonderful big brother to Megan.  We also admire the fact that you have so many friends.  You are easy to love and we hope you know how much we love you!


Love,
Mom & Dad




Conor has always loved Treasure Hunts.  He asked me if I would hide all his presents. I made 10 clues and on every other clue, he found a present to open.  Treasure Hunts make the whole process of opening presents much more fun and longer (which helps to cut down on the number of gifts). 


ps.  Last year you were very upset with me for not having a party for you.  In previous years we have had a family party AND a party with friends, so I know it was disappointing.  You will learn more as time goes on that it's not about how big of a party you have or how many gifts you are given.  Birthdays are about celebrating how wonderful you are and being around people who love you.  This year I tried very hard to make your day special and one that you would remember.  Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

Wendster said...

Happy Birthday Conor!

:)

SpatuLena said...

Anner Bananer's lovely cooking skills is the best present you could ask for!