Upon recommendation of a friend, I took Conor and Megan to Jordan's Furniture in Avon, MA today to see the Enchanted Village, chat with Santa Claus, ride the 4-D Polar Express, and see a laser light show. It was an excellent family outing and we all enjoyed it.
While waiting to sit on Santa's knee, Conor asked if this was the "real Santa." He expressed his doubt. We waited a long time to see Santa because he was spending a few minutes chatting with each child. I thought it was great, but I did want him to hurry up so we could have our turn. Then afterward Conor said, "Mom, I do think he is the real Santa." The magic of Christmas!
Later when we got home, I called Megan upstairs to put her pajamas on. She refused to come, but then came bounding up the stairs and said, "Mom, I remembered what Santa told me..... and I listened to you." I asked, "What did Santa tell you?" Megan replied, "He said to listen to you and clean my room and be nice to you." Okay, I love that Santa! I think he is the REAL Santa too! Megan even asked God to "Help us to clean our rooms" in her prayer at dinner.
(If you go, I suggest that you choose a week day rather than a weekend [I'm told there are huge lines] and buy tickets for the Polar Express and the Laser Show as soon as you get through the Enchanted Village. And, if you're a shopper there is IKEA next door and Target right down the street, along with the Christmas Tree Shops, etc. etc. etc.)
3 comments:
I've heard great things about that place. I love your story and those photos of your kiddos with Mr. Santa are precious.
The kids look great in their hats!
That does look like REAL Santa!! I hate when I have to say it is just Santa's helper 'cuz his beard is falling off! We're going to try to go see REAL Santa at the Dicken's Festival tonight or Sat night. Last year we saw REAL Santa pumping gas at Costco! He winked at us and even I got excited for Santa :)
Love you guys! -JS&S
How fun! And that Santa sounds AWESOME (I love what he told Megan) and he looks REAL too. Your kids are darling...wish we lived closer and could see you guys more!
Post a Comment