Unbelievable Irony
Megan came downstairs this morning after going to the bathroom, laughing and excited. She showed me her arm and said, "Mom, I think I have chicken pox." Megan was seriously laughing about the dots that covered most of her appendages, her belly, her back, and her face. As she danced around the room she sang, "I can have all the ice cream I can eat!" She proceeded to tell me how excited she was because now Conor would get them! I wish you could have heard her talking. She was cracking herself up saying, "I think I'm going to turn into a chicken."
It's almost like she willed herself to get Chicken Pox, or some type of rash, so that she could have ice cream.
Plan B for today --- take Megan to the pediatrician ---
_________________________________________
Sigh of relief. Megan does NOT have Chicken Pox. She simply as contracted some type of virus and it manifested itself as a rash. Luckily she doesn't itch either. (Yet.)

5 comments:
What a great story. I'll have to look for that book. I hope Miss Megan isn't too sad she doesn't really have the chicken pox. And I hope she gets some ice cream!
Yes, I forgot to mention that we did stop and get ice cream!
Oh... I had a long message typed up of all the things I thought it could be and was laughing so hard! I'll send it via email so the rest of the world doesn't laugh at me too :)
Love you guys! -JS&S
Hilarious! I've never seen a kid so proud of a rash. What a cutie!
Too Funny! I love the smiley rash picture.
Post a Comment