Thursday, March 17, 2011

O' Conor and O' Megan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  The greatest thing about the day was the near 60 degree temperatures and the fact that we could see GREEN grass (well, it was actually kind of brown, but the snow was gone).  Brian brought home some Irish Soda Bread  from Johnnie's, which was quite magically delicious.  His Auntie Doris makes the very best Irish Soda Bread ever!  Other than the bread and our green clothing, we had nothing traditional!

(Can you read our sign?)

In Brian's Irish defense, he made a boiled dinner for the guys at the firehouse on Tuesday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Conor was home from school with strep throat from Tuesday - Thursday!  On Wednesday, after dropping Megan off at preschool, Conor looked at me from the back of the car and said, "Ahhhhh, finally it's just you and me!"  It has been a long time since he and I have spent some quality time together without Little Miss.  We had 3 hours.  (silly picture but we had to document the moment.)

3 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Happy St. Pattys. Thanks for the nice card - what made you go back for more cutting? Do tell.... and love it!

McCombs Family said...

I cant have corned beef and cabbage without thinking of Brian! I loved reading that Conor feels so good about being with you and only you. So cute! I miss you and I hope your back isnt still whack. (nice rhyme). Love from Reno

J S and S said...

I didn't even make corned beef and cabbage... We were O'boring for St. Patrick's Day. It is slowly warming up here too. Love you guys!! JS&S