Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ready for SPRING....

It seems that people in New England, including me, take cheap shots at Mother Nature.   I estimate that 75% of every-day conversation includes talk about how cold it is, how much snow we have, or how humid and hot it feels, depending on the season.  Most observations do not reflect happiness.

Megan asked a question (in February) about adults criticizing Mother Nature.

We were walking to pick Conor up from school.  An older gentleman was out shoveling his walkway.  I said something like, "Friday it's supposed to be in the 50's!  I can't wait."  He made a comment about being tired of the snow.  As we continued walking up the hill, Megan asked innocently, "Mom, why doesn't no parents like the snow?"  

Wouldn't you complain if you saw this forecast in March?

nt_sunnyMostly clear this evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Cold with lows around 10 above. North winds around 5 mph.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This adorable red cherry dress, made by my amazing mother for Megan's birthday, makes me super excited about Spring and Summer.  My mom also made her knit flower headband!  Look how cute:



3 comments:

ellen said...

The dress is adorable! She might need a turtleneck under it for a few months. :)

Queen Elizabeth said...

Holy cow Megan looks ADORABLE!

J S and S said...

I love the dress and headband! Isn't Mom great :) Love you all tons! -JS&S