This weekend was General Conference, which is always full of profound reminders and applicable personal advice.We made these 1st Presidency figures using toilet paper rolls during one of the sessions on Sunday. (Leave it to clever Mormon women to come up with this thrifty and creative idea! www.sugardoodle.net)
I typically end up with something humorous to share about what Conor and Megan say about what they learned. This Conference was no different. Sister Jean A. Stevens spoke on Saturday morning. She talked about how we can learn from children and how we ought to "see and appreciate them." Saturday night I was lying with Megan in her bed and she said, "Mom, you need to listen to me." I wasn't sure what she meant so I asked her. She said, "Remember.... General Conference." Then on Sunday Conor also reminded me that I was supposed to be like him. Sister Stevens talked about how Jesus in the New Testament told us to "Become as little children," when asked "Who is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?" They got the message RIGHT! And they were listening!
Between conference sessions we took a bike/scooter ride to see Grandma with Cookies (Brian's mom). Conor was super excited about riding fast with dad, while Megan was pretty quick herself on her scooter. I was trailing behind all of them (I don't dare ride a bike yet with my back) trying not to lose sight of Megan as she raced down the bike path. It was a nice family outing.


3 comments:
Where is my sister??? Are you OK?? It actually snowed again here and they are worried when all the mountain snow melts we may have floods like back in 1983 again... I sure hope not! Love you guys!! -JS&S
I forgot to tell you how cute your crafts were. Megan & Conor, Way to go coloring the prophet!! -JS&S
Hi there- Stumbled onto your blog after posting to my own one day- Love this post and cute craft re: general conference! Small world- I grew up in New England and my oldest 2 kids are Megan and Conner :)
Post a Comment