Sunday, April 17, 2011

Charlotte Bronte


I just finished reading Jane Eyre..... for the 1st time.  I can't believe that I didn't discover this amazingly crafted love story before now.  Thanks to Anna, my refined and well-read friend (who reminds me of Jane), I can now say that I have read it!


The character Jane offers hope on so many levels.  Her integrity is near perfect.  Her ability to love and to express herself is sublime.  When she is poor she maintains self-regard and when she is wealthy she shares.  Charlotte Bronte's writing is the most beautiful writing I've ever experienced.  I think this line exposes Jane's character well:



"And reader, do you think I feared him [Mr. Rochester] in his blind ferocity? --- if you do you little know me."

I will now go see the movie and then perhaps read it again.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay! I love Jane Eyre!