July 5th we headed north into Maine for our first night of camping. We stayed in Bar Harbor, at Hadley's Point Campground. The weather was gorgeous and the first thing we did when we arrived was swim in the pool onsite. Swimming ended up being the thread that wove our whole vacation together.
 |
| The kids and I came back from swimming and Daddy had set up camp! |
 |
An early evening stroll to check out our surroundings.
Megan rides to the beach in style!
(It's a cliche, but Megan does have her dad wrapped around her finger....) |
 |
| First thing the next morning..... |
 |
| Back to the pool - the beach was too rocky for their liking! |
 |
| Conor has come a long way with his swimming/jumping/cannon ball abilities! |
___________________________________________________________________
 |
| Bubble Rock Trail, Acadia National Park |
 |
| kissing/hugging trees |
 |
| The many moods of Conor (and the rest of us had our moments too)! |
4 comments:
Gorgeous. I'm convinced that the key to successful camping is having BOTH spouses on board. (Which is why we may camp but it will not be very successful.)
Fun, fun, fun! We need a vacation! I keep thinking we should head out there to visit Castle Island. The pics make me jealous! The Great Salt Lake just isn't a real beach... Love you all!!! -JS&S
P.S. Jen, You are way skinny!!!!! :)
Julie, we would LOVE it if you came to visit. We would give up our bedrooms and sleep in the basement so that you could stay with us! And, I cannot believe that you said I was skinny. If you only knew...... Sisters are always loving and kind and see the best in each other! XOX
Post a Comment