Monday, January 2, 2012

.....And a Happy New Year! 2012

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Ring Out Wild Bells is my least favorite hymn, but it must be sung every New Year at church.  I think the tone of the hymn is very dreary and sullen, which is the opposite of how I feel at the beginning of the new year.  But, I'm no expert musician.  A group of women also sang "Song for World Peace," which I like much better.  Today was a gorgeous spring-like day so after church we took a walk to the kids' school with our friend Judy.  It was wonderful to enjoy the warm sunshine.  We played tag, swung on the swings, and walked around.  And tonight we ended our New Year's Day with a baptism of one of Conor's friends.  It was a perfect day for a baptism.  And, Conor lost another tooth during primary today so he's a dollar richer and has an even wider gap in his smile!

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to get a better sleep routine.  I'd like to go to bed by 11:00pm and get up by 6:30am.  Good thing there is a tomorrow because it's past midnight and I'm still blogging.




Playing a toss the water bottle game.  Judy us much more fun than I am!

We love you JuJu!  Happy 2012!

 

1 comment:

Emily said...

haha that is funny. Ring out wild bells is one of scott's favorites; he looks forward to singing that manly sounding song.