How much do you pay to have your hair cut and highlighted?
I found a stylist who I really like (in Wellesley -- ridiculous, I know. Even the gas money adds to the exorbitant prices they charge at the salon. But, I used to drive to ME. Before that, I'd fly home to UT for cuts so it can't even come close to that) and yet I am unable to justify the expense. It takes a lot for me to actually like the way someone does my hair. I clip every coupon, and buy every Groupon I can to save a buck, and I frequently get my hair cut and highlighted only once a year in this effort. I know I will get the range of frugal Mormons and then those who won't dare tell the wicked truth (I won't tell your husbands....). But, do tell.
8 comments:
I'm curious to know what you paid. I still adore Kenny and will miss him dearly. The "thing" is - I don't do my nails, I don't tan and wear diamonds, etc. so my hair is easily justified. To me. Anyhow - the price varies between $140 and $175. Ridiculous but I can't stop. ;)
Hey Liz, I'm sure that I would like Kenny too. Everyone has their "thing" that they have to do. I also pay for a gym membership which trumps spending money on other luxuries for myself. So, I had a Groupon for my first cut and color, but her regular price is $160. Ouch. I can think of so many other things to do with that cash. But I like feeling good about myself too.
We have to get together! I finish my class as soon as I post my final project which should be today....
Cut and two color highlight is about $105 for me. I get it done every 4-5 months. But I've just started doing the highlights, and it pains me to pay for them every time. It pains my husband even more! I cut the kids' hair (and even Kyle's sometimes) to make me feel better.
I don't even brush my hair so I may not be the best to ask but I have a friend who does hair (she lives a bit less than an hour away). Let me know if you want her info. Everyone that goes there is happy.
Oh man I am even more grateful for my friend Teresa. I pay a TON less!
A bad hair cut and color only lasts a few months before it looks like crap and needs to be done again. A good cut and color on the other hand can last a long time.
Plus you feel better when your hair looks great. I think it is well worth spending a little extra. Have a garage sale, provide some private tutoring, ebay/craig's list something you don't use anymore... anything to make you feel better about spending the money on yourself OR just be OK with taking care of YOU :)
P.S. I still like the fly to Utah idea best!!! ;)
I think I pay about $120 for both at the place in Arlington. I think that is including the fact that I get the referral discount so it may be 10-20 more than that full price plus tip which I usually make about $10. The sad thing is that I used to highlight my hair just for fun but now I actually (sadly) have to to cover all the gray!! And I have to do it more often too. I used to be able to do about 2x/ year but I think I'm going to have to do more like 3x/year now because I just had it done in Dec and just today I noticed it was looking pretty bad! Ugh, getting old is not fun!
Doesn't Danielle in our ward to hair?
The most I ever paid to have my hair done was 300 plus. This was to have a consult/hair color change with the lady who the movie stars consult with. She told me "red". My bf likes blonde. We are somewhere in between right now.
Right now I am lucky. The lady who does my hair is AMAZING and she is building up her clientele, and I am an old friend of hers, so she does me for $40. I feel GREAT afterwards and feel that I was worth either price, but prefer to pay the smaller one. lol!
I like what I heard a woman say on TV ( a shopper who shops incessantly and spends and spends on herself) "Our husbands might complain, but they LOVE how we LOOK when we look amazing." I kind of agree with her. I'm no spender, but I can easily justify spending money on my skin/hair/chiro ... the things that make me feel good.
I paid $220 but that also included purchasing some hair product. I was so sickened by the total cost I never bothered to figure out how much I paid for the actual service. But I felt like a million bucks and people's jaws literally dropped when I walked in the room. So I took a ton of pics of it from every angle and take those photos with me to a much cheaper salon and I always come home happy.
Post a Comment