Monday, April 30, 2012

SUNDAY FUNNIES

Randomly Conor began talking about the concept of living forever on Saturday night.  He explained that he can't believe he is always going to be the same.  I told him that we will change, but that we'll always be in our physical "prime," or in our best phase of life.

Conor hesitated, but declared, "No offense Mom, but I don't think this is your best phase.  It was probably when you were like in your 20's or something!"

I'd have to agree.

*******************************************************

Conor was assigned to give a talk in Primary on Sunday.  He said no.  All week I tried to make suggestions about the talk he needed to prepare, but he stuck with his decision not to give the talk.  I didn't want to bribe him or threaten or force him, but I felt like it was important for him to participate in primary. As we went to say our prayers Saturday night I suggested, "Conor, why don't you say the prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help you know if you should give the talk."

Immediately he said, "No.  I don't want to."

"Mom, I get stage fright," he explained sincerely.

I asked, "Well, how do you think we can get over the stage fright?"

I was feeling like a good parent, reasoning with my 8-year-old recently baptized son, and sympathizing with his insecurities, when he quietly and seriously suggested,

"Call everybody in the church and tell them to wear their underwear."

What am I going to do with him?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Hilarious! It was so good to see you and your kids. What a great little family you have! We will definitely have to get together more when we move out there.

ellen said...

Kids...!

Lena said...

I love this story.