Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sunday Funnies (on a Tuesday)


I wish that I could record with better accuracy the things our children say!  Good heavens.  In spite of the daunting task of parenting at times, they are so hilarious.  Here are the most memorable Funnies from the past few weeks...

A few days after Mother's Day Megan handed me a little card that said, "i LOVE MOM.  it is Happy MoThers Day."  I read it out loud to her and said, "Oh, thanks Megan."  But she said, "Mom, didn't you see that I crossed it out?"  She had put a big "X" through the words and drew 3 upside down hearts to express her anger with me for not letting her do something that has now slipped both of our minds.  I guess that she didn't have as many fond feelings for me as she thought she had.  To reiterate her point she went back and drew a picture of me and her with frowns on our faces, more upside down hearts and wrote this message, "i DonT LOVE YOU. AND i haT Happy MoThers Day." (haT = hate)  I know she loves me.  It cracked me up.

One night Conor was upstairs and I was yelling up to him, reminding him of all the tasks I expected him to do.  I was on one of my rampages -- reminding him that his room was a mess, that he had left socks in little bundles on the floor, that LEGOs adorned the hallway, and that he needed to bring a bowl into the kitchen that he left in the TV room.  He yelled down something like this, "Mom, when you got married didn't they say you had to agree to doing chores, cleaning up messes and stuff like that?"  I about died laughing.  NO.  They did not!

And, Miss Megan was disobedient one afternoon so I told her that she needed to sit at the bottom of the stairs (a sort of "time-out" or "thinking" spot in our house) when we got home.  She obeyed my orders and took with her a little rock and a piece of paper.  I told her that it wasn't fair for her to sit and draw while in time out, but she told me that she was flipping her CTR rock.  On one side was written, "CTR" for "Choose the RIGHT," and on the other was written, "CTW" for "Choose the WRONG."  Needless to say, I let her play the game.  Thank heavens Choose The Right won the toss, 12 to 9!  Here is her recording sheet:



I can't leave out a few choice prayers at dinner time:

Megan, "Please bless that we can visit grandma before she dies.  Please bless dad that he'll pick out the best tent."
  
(Sometimes we explain that we need to go visit Brian's mom because she his getting old and we might not have the chance.  Apparently, Megan got the point!  And, that particular night Brian had gone to REI to purchase our new tent for this summer.) 
. . . . . . . . . . . .

Conor, "Please bless dad that he'll come home safely. . . . Is dad here?" I whisper, "He's downstairs."  Conor says, "Never mind" and continues on in his prayer.  

(This type of prayer request happens regularly because Brian's schedule is crazy and the kids never know where he is!)

That's all for this week!

4 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Priceless.

Meg said...

Wow, I am cracking up! Those stories/comments/prayers are hilarious!! I especially love Megan's "I hat Happy Mother's Day!" line... seriously too funny, made my afternoon. :)

J S and S said...

I love Conor's "never mind" prayer. Today while at the Driver's License office (LONG story... lost my wallet) a young mom and her 4 kids were in line in front of me. The Mom was talking SO sweet to the kids and she said to the 3 or 4 yr old "why don't you go sit in the chair over there?" He went and sat down and then looked over and said "you are the worst mom ever". The Mom's face was so sad when she said "why?" I laughed and said I'm was pretty sure I had the title so she couldn't possibly have it :) We've all heard it before. All I have to say is... IT IS A GOOD THING THEY ARE CUTE! :)

Jody said...

My favorite is Conor's idea about what was promised at the wedding! To love and to hold...through sickness and in health (& Conor has added, and do all the chores and cooking, etc.) Love that kid!! Miss you guys!!