Monday, October 1, 2012

Team Sweeney

Cheers to Conor and Megan for persevering, sticking to it, and finishing their first 5K race on Saturday!  The Boston Friends of BYU organized a Fun Run on the bike path in Arlington.  Although both kids wanted to give up many times throughout the race, they completed it, and they did it in the rain!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The water stop marked the half-way point of the run.  Ellen gave us water and took our photo before we pressed on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megan said the prayer at dinner that night:
"Thank you that we goed on that run and that we were almost last place."  

She was thankful that we were "almost" last place instead of actually last place.  During the race I used all tactics (both effective and ineffective) to get them to KEEP GOING!

2 comments:

Meg said...

I'm way impressed - way to go Conor and Megan!! I hear "fun run" and think 1k, but a 5k is AWESOME! (And I love what Megan said in her prayer, makes me smile.)

Amy said...

You truly inspire! Love and miss you guys!